This article is devoted to the history of bipolar disorder. Learn when it was first mentioned and how everything started.
How to Find Out If Your Employee Benefits Include Free Mental Healthcare
Around 1 in every 5 of us will experience problems with mental health in any given year.
That’s why it’s crucial to know if your health cover includes free mental healthcare. Today we’re going to help you find out if you are entitled to mental healthcare on your current plan.
How to Find out If You Have Free Mental Healthcare
We spoke to PayStubCreator to find out how to figure out if you have free mental healthcare in your plan.
In 2008, the Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (also known as the mental health parity law) was passed which requires coverage of services for mental health, behavioral health, and substance-use disorders to be comparable to physical health coverage.
That’s great news for anyone suffering from mental health problems. PayStubCreator informed us that you should check your specific plan but with medicare, you have entitlement to certain treatments including:
- One depression screening per year. This must be done in a primary care doctor’s office or primary care clinic that provides follow-up treatment and referrals
- Individual and group therapy with doctors or other licensed professionals allowed in your state
- Family counseling, if the purpose is to help with your treatment
- Testing to find out if you’re getting the services you need and if your current treatment is helping you
- Psychiatric evaluation
- Medication management
- Certain prescription drugs that are not usually “self-administered” (drugs you would normally take on your own) such as injections
- Diagnostic tests
- Partial hospitalization
- A single “Welcome to Medicare” preventive visit which includes a review of your possible risk factors for depression
- An annual “wellness” visit. Here you can talk to your doctor or health care provider about changes in your mental state
- Medicare also covers outpatient mental health services for the treatment of alcohol and drug use.
Payments and Checking Your Plan
You pay nothing for your annual depression screening if your doctor or health care provider accepts assignment.
Also, you should be aware that you will cover 20% of the Medicare-approved amount for visits to your doctor or other health care provider to diagnose or treat your condition. If you are treated in a hospital outpatient clinic or department you may have to pay an additional coinsurance amount to the hospital.
Check your description of plan benefits. Your description should include information on coverage for mental health and substance use disorders. If you still aren’t sure, ask your HR representative or contact your insurance company directly.
Healthy Mind, Happy Life
There is a promising bevy of free mental healthcare treatment options out there once you know what to ask for. Don’t leave it out of fear that it won’t be covered. Reach out to your insurance provider if you need more guidance and be sure to make use of all options available.
Even checking in with your doctor to discuss your options might make you feel more at ease. Help is available, even for free.
Check out our blog for more news and information about mental health.
Share the joy
5 Mental Health Instagram Accounts You May Follow 5 Ways Youth Sports Can Boost Mental Health Top 3 Best Paid Healthcare Careers Telemedicine and Its Benefits for the Health Care What Are the Benefits of Addiction Rehabs? 5 Health Benefits of Unsweetened Iced Tea You Need To Know 5 Surprising Potential Health Benefits of Nicotine 4 Life Changing Benefits of Drug Rehab Centers Is CBD Oil Good Or Bad For Mental Health? Kleptomania – A Mysterious Mental Disorder
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
You Might Also Like
By Marion Reeves
Marion is a content writer and editor. Her posts are always informative and up-to-date due to her admirable professionalism and distinctive way with words. In her free time, Marion plays with her two beautiful kids and takes care of her garden.
Like us on Facebook
Search the site
× */]]> */]]> */]]>